Bed Bug Control
Pest Control Treatment for Bed Bugs
Have you ever had a bed bug infestation?
Do you think you currently have an infestation?
There is a cluster of bed bugs around your mattress, pillow and cover, behind electrical wiring, and almost in every part of your home.
You wake up in the middle of the night to painful bites and see various bugs scurrying off when you switch on the light.
Or, you tried to kill one, and a foul stench fills your nose.
Maybe you have even killed so much your wall looks like a map made out of blood.
We hope you get the story.
A bed bug infestation is one of the worst that can happen to a person.
You can’t starve them as they can go a year without feeding. You can kill a few as they multiply rapidly.
At Pro Pest Control Cairns, our qualified technicians treat bed bugs, kill, and prevent future attacks.
How we treat
Our treatment begins with an inspection of your property to understand the extent of the infestation. We use various means to locate bed bugs activities, identify entryways and attractants, and determine the species.
Treatment and extermination
We use a mixture of highly effective insecticides to kill bed bugs. We don’t use sprays and contact insecticides that will only kill a few bed bugs that are sprayed. Instead, we use products containing pyrethroids and imidacloprid, piperonyl butoxide, dinotefuran, acetamiprid, etc.
- Insecticide dust
We use insecticide dust in crevices and cracks to ensure that bed bugs don’t hide in these areas. When the bugs walk through the dust, it sticks to them and kills them.
- Insecticide strips
This is effective for smaller items you can’t wash. For example, we place books in an airtight container with an insecticide strip. The strips release odourless vapours that build inside the container over days and kill the bugs.
- Insect growth regulator
We use growth regulators to kill young bed bugs and prevent maturing into adulthood. The regulator either alters the production of chitin or their development into adulthood.
- Pyrroles and neonicotinoids
Pyrroles disrupt normal cell functions and neonicotinoids cause the nerve to fire continuously until they fail.
A bed bug treatment can last for over weeks. Within those periods, we will constantly monitor for signs of resurgence and nip it in the bud. We will install monitoring devices on your property and also offer tips and advice to help you keep bed bugs away.
Why are they considered pests?
Bed bugs don’t jump or fly. However, they make their way into homes via suitcases, backpacks, and bags. Sadly, it only takes one or two bed bugs to make your home a nightmare. Adult female bed bugs deposit two or more eggs in a day and could lay hundreds in her lifetime. Since the eggs are small, you will only discover them through magnification.
Bed bugs locate hosts through the heat the body generates and carbon dioxide we exhale. After locating the host, the bug will continuously feed on the blood until they are satisfied or you disturb their feeding process. Although the blood-sucking ectoparasite does not spread disease, it can cause significant mental and physical health problems.
Bed bug bites can cause mild to severe allergic reactions in some people. It ranges from severe whole-body reactions to small bite marks. The marks can also result in a secondary skin infection. The presence of bed bugs in a home can cause insomnia, anxiety, and other mental systemic reactions.
Common species in the city
The two common bed bugs species in the city are:
- Cimex lectularius
- Cimex hemipterus
Common signs of infestation
- Bloodstains on pillowcase or sheet
- Rusty or dark spots of excrement on your clothes, mattresses or sheets.
- Fecal spots, shed skins, and eggshells in crevices bed bugs hide
- A strong, musty, and offensive odour.
- Unexplainable painful bites
Treatment Tips and advice
- Reduce hiding places like crevices and cracks to discourage infestation
- Check your clothes, suitcases, and personal gear for bed bugs, especially if you are returning home from travel.
- Check second hand furniture and bedding for bed bugs.
- Wash your bedding, curtains, clothing, and linen in hot water regularly
- Use a stiff brush to scrub your mattress seams to remove eggs and bed bugs before vacuuming.
- Vacuum regularly and dispose of the bag outside away from your home.
- Encase your box springs and mattress in a tightly woven, zippered cover to seal adult bed bugs in.
- Keep your mattress or pillow in the zippered cover for at least a year until all the stink bugs are dead.
- Reduce clutter around the bed and room
- Dispose of infested items in a safe and out-of-reach place
How easily do bed bugs transfer?
Bed bugs can move 4 feet in a minute at peak speed or 100ft in an hour.
How fast do they multiple?
A female lays at least one egg daily or as many as 7 eggs at its peak. Each egg requires 10-15 days to hatch, and the nymph reproduces six weeks after hatching.
Why Choose Us
- QBCC License
- 20 Years of Experience in Pest Control Industry
- AEPMa’s Proud Member
- Follow the Bed Bug Code of Practice
- Local Gold Coast Pest Control Solutions Business
- 100% Customer satisfaction guaranteed
- Fast and Reliable Exterminators
- Fully licensed Queensland Health Pest Management Technicians
- $20 Million Public Liability Insured
- Free Quotations
- Eco-friendly Bed Bug Control Treatments
Our Bed Bug Control Services
- Bed Bug Removal
- Bed Bug Treatment from $330
- Bayview Height
- Mount Sheridan
Get In Touch
Contact Pro Pest Control Cairns to schedule a suitable time to visit you.
Phone us on 07 4277 5555.